Sunday, April 25, 2010

Nursery Update!!

The nursery is finally getting attention! I was going to wait until I had everything done and give you a dramatic before and after thing like they do on the HGTV shows or whatever, but I am SO in love with this nursery I couldn't wait to show you! Keep in mind that we are not done. This is just the first stage, but a big stage. As I walk past the nursery to go down stairs and I just stop and look at it because I love it so much. While Daniel was painting (yes he did 99% of it, as I basically sat and watched. He is so awesome) I was squealing in delight.

Without further ado- Daniel and I would like to present... our nursery:
Ok well this isn't our nursery, this is me at 32 weeks. Just fat and sassy!
Here is his monkey crib that I proudly put together all by myself, then Daniel and John had to take it apart to fit it into the room. Long story...
CUTE!
Ok, so here (top and bottom) are the before pictures. Sadly someone thought it would be okay to paint the room peptobismol pink and cherry red. It blinded you as you walked in. It was bad. Nothing a little paint can't take care of though!
Here is what it looked like with the primer. I got the heavy duty, extra coverage primer and it still needed 2 coats because of how pink this pink was...


And now for the grand finale...

TA DA!!!! HERE IT IS IN ITS NEW CLOTHING!!!!



I LOVE IT! We still need to do all the touch ups. The corners and so on, but we got a huge chunk done. What about the cherry red, you ask? That is going bye bye too! My mom and I are going to hang bamboo wallpaper on the top so it's like a jungle:-) SO CUTE! It isn't here yet, so we just painted. The colors match the crib bedding perfectly and it's now cozy and warm. The pictures don't do it justice. I just love it, can ya tell? Sorry, I'll let you judge for yourself. The wall paper should be here this week and so I'll keep ya updated!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Steph---it looks great. i can't wait to see the rest of it together, and in person, of course! Thank you so much for sending the pictures.

Tammy K said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhI love it - I can't wait to see it in PERSON! can we come over as soon as I get home saturday?....because I miss you guys almost as much as I miss john hahaha :)

Audrey Crisp said...

So cute girl! CAn't wait to see it done!