Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Oh, Beautiful for Spacious Skies

We had an AWESOME fourth of July! My family went out to Utah for my nieces blessing (so sad I missed it, really I am) so it was just Daniel and I - and Mark, but we hardly saw him all weekend. Anyway- we planned to do things with our friends Taylor and Valerie when I called Friday to see what their plans were they invited us to join them on Monument's "Fun Run". I personally think that the words 'fun' and 'run' are cliché's- those words can not exist in the same sentence. But, despite my initial reaction we signed up. AND it started at 7 AM! Who does that during the summer or ever for that matter? Oh well, we did it. It was 4.2 miles (more than I had ever walked in my life) and ended at the Monument parade. Here are some pictures I stole from Val because our camera is broke:-) Thanks Val! 
Here we are at the start of the race- we were in the way back
Taylor and Daniel actually ran the race! 

See how tired and sweaty we are? We worked so hard! 
SO.... we had SO MUCH FUN! I loved it! Val and I were keeping up with everyone at the beginning of it all. We kept up as we ran around the lake. And we even kept up with everyone along the long side of the lake, but as we 'ran' more and more for some strange reason we were slowing down. Odd. So being the good friends we are, we decided to go at each others pace- a  brisk walk. We finished our race in record time for us! Taylor and Daniel ran a head and beat the whole bunch, then mama Fink and daddy Fink (who pushed Isaac). We had a grand 'ol time. I loved it. We wanna make it a tradition. 
Ok sorry, that was a short story really stretched out. So after the race we went to the pool where we were rained out:0( Then took a much needed snooze and went off to the Fink's for a BBQ and a movie. Like I said, it was a fantastic 4th of July. We had so much fun with our old friend/family. 

1 comment:

Amy said...

I can't believe I didn't email you back today! I totally intended to. I'm so glad you had a great 4th, friends and traditions, I'm SOOOO happy for you. I know you're supposed to be there and so many great things will come of your time there, although we miss you SOOOOO much.