Sunday, July 5, 2009

WE AREN'T HOMELESS ANYMORE!!

Daniel is my/our good luck charm. He was in Virginia helping re-build a house for his brother while I was in Colorado trying to find a job and maybe a house. Daniel was gone for a week and I had made no progress what so ever. I placed dozens of resume's and nothing was happening. So I decided to meet Daniel in Utah (where his flight was coming in so he could drive our car back out to CO), I mean why not? I wasn't doing anything:-) We stayed there for a bit and decided that we needed to kick it up a notch. On Monday we drove up to Parker, looked at a house, put a bid on a house and both of us went and got jobs that started the next day. We also looked at an apartment complex where we could possibly rent if the house didn't work out. And we loved it! All because Daniel was the driving force. The house fell through so at the end of the week we signed a lease with the apartment complex and we move in July 11!! It feels so good to have a plan and some place to call our own- soon. 
I'll post about our awesome 4th of July as pictures come in. We are still without a camera, so we rely on those of others... But here are some pictures of our recent adventure in the outer banks where we just had a family reunion. SO fun!!!

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Awesome! Glad to hear you guys found a place. Now we can come crash it! :-) Can't wait to see pics. Thanks again for letting Chunks come out to help. Eric misses him still...or is it the other way around?

Amy said...

Sweet! Happy to hear about the apartment--that's SO great. It will be nice to have your own place--can't wait :)