Our plane was a little late and we got a tiny bit lost on our way there. Daniel had been hoping that I would surprise him and show up that night. But because we were late he thought I wasn't coming. By the time we got there they had already had their opening song and everything. So people were starting to get their dinner when we showed up. Initially I couldn't find him anywhere. With the help of my dad I saw him on the other side of the camp. I just started to walk towards him and he didn't see me. He was just a chattin with the boys in his group. Finally when I was about 2 feet in front of him he noticed me and about jumped out of his chair. Needless to say he was surprised and almost as excited as I was. This is after the initial shock:
Daniel had a good time up there. He was the leader of about 12 teachers from Monument Ward. Teaching them all the essentials. Including how to knock someone out, which- of course- he demonstrated successfully on a kid. There was also a bike accident that Daniel used his EMT/medical background in. They did a ropes course, rappelling, bike riding and so on. They were dirty, smelly boys but I think they had a good time.
This was my brother he was showing the 'knocking-out' move on:
These boys loved him:
After he got back we had a good weekend/fathers day with my family.
Daniel was cold in our little blow up pool:
And he even got a haircut!
It was a great weekend. I got to see a lot of people I haven't seen in a while and just be home for a bit. I'm a Colorado girl through and through. We won't be back all the way until July:-)
1 comment:
Stephanie brady! why did we not know you were a blogger? YOU obviously knew we were!!! You have our adress on your blog! We have to keep in touch! Looks like things are going well for you! We miss you guys!
(from Dj and Jessi)
Post a Comment