Friday, August 19, 2011

Manassa!

My dad grew up in a small town in south western Colorado. Every year they have a 24th of July celebration. I can count on one hand how many times I have missed this event. It is SO much fun! Its two days of parades, a carnival, a BBQ, a rodeo, a demolition derby, an amazing hamburger stand, relaxing with family and lots of four wheeling! My grandma lives right on Main Street so we get front row seats to the parade.
This year Alex was old enough to enjoy some of the festivities and that made it all the more fun! Here are the pics of our awesome vacation
Matt and Tay at the parade
Daniel was eating his cereal so it was 'impossible' for him to smile :-)
Alex LOVES grandpa! They were pals
More hangin out
This was taken after he refused to come to his mama and stay with grandpa instead.... so it begins
Alex LOVES animals (especially dogs) so I almost squealed when I saw pony rides (there for the first time). Here is Alex's first pony ride. He loved it!
Of course we had to go with our cousins and aunties!
He was so excited he was clapping :-)
We also got to go on our first carnival ride! The Merry-go-round!
Thanks for coming with us Tay and showing Alex how its done!
Ya.... he later licked the pole. I almost died. GROSS!
Here we are! At the second parade! Love those boys!
Last year Daniel was at COT training during the celebration and Al was just a few months old. So we took a mommy/son picture as per 'tradition'.
Here we are... last year :-)
Daniel and my cousin Jessica
Something was just up there!!!
Mark thought it was hilarious. Alex had no idea what was so funny
Brielle :-) What more can I say?
Cousin tubby time! Right when Kason took a spill... Horray for cousins!!!!
Here he is on the pony!

2 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

That looks and sounds really fun. Love all your pics. Alex is so cute!!!!

jennie said...

Oh I am dying of laughter. Those are some really freaking cute pictures of Alex. Oh but my toes curl at the thought of licking that pole! Don't you hate when kids do stuff like that and you have to witness it but can't stop it. That's too funny though. Looks like fun!