Monday, May 17, 2010

I've Had Better Days...

Doctors appointment today! To be more specific, we had our 36 week (at 37, almost 38 weeks) ultrasound. Apparently they like to know about how big the baby is going to be (and frankly I would as well). We waited a week because now we have a lot better insurance and so we postponed the ultra sound for the insurance.

I have to admit, I've come out of appointments happier. In fact, this was by far the most depressing appointment we have been to. I was on the verge of tears pretty much the entire time. I firmly believe that hormones played a large part, but also the events of the visit attributed.

What we found out:
- Baby is healthy
- Amniotic fluid is excellent
- He apparently has a ton of hair (we couldn't see it, but the lady found a patch)

Also what we found out:
- He is in fact 37 weeks (not the 39/40 I truly thought he was)
- He weighs 8 lbs already
- His abdomen measures 40 weeks
- His limbs are at 36/37 weeks
- He already has fat rolls (the lady just kept saying "this is a big kid")

And the kicker? His head is so large that they couldn't even give it a measurement. Its measuring past 41 weeks and so the computer doesn't even register how big it is. He is in the 97th percentile for head size.

Remember how I DON'T want a C-section? Ya, kids head is gunna be a little problem.
This is the best face shot she could get. He was mostly hiding and she couldn't get him to turn his face.
Here is his head! She just kept enlarging the circle :-)

This wasn't the end of the appointment. I don't have high blood pressure. I have never had high blood pressure. This pregnancy is the highest its ever been and is still in the 115 area. But today it was 140/80. I was floored! What?! That's crazy! My doctor was a little nervous. Then she saw my watermelon sized feet and then I told her that I had been really not feeling well these past few weeks. That made her think preclampsia and/or toxemia. So I got blood work done and I have to do a 24 hour urine collection and then come back in on Thursday. We'll see what happens.
So now we are just playing the waiting game. I could be induced next week just so he won't get any bigger, but that is the week of Daniels finals. Things are just up in the air. I just wish he would come tonight, naturally.
I think I have contractions, but they never amount to anything. Now it just feels like my stomach is just constantly rock hard.

I'm such a drama queen. This really isn't that big of a deal, but I am so dang dramatic that its this HUGE issue and when I tell people or read this I'm like 'dude this is nothing'. I'll be fine. People do this all the time. Just shut up Stephanie! :-) Soon. This baby will come. Who knows, my next post could be introducing our son. Yeah! He's coming!

3 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

Oh man.... that sucks Steph. Everything will work out. And chubby babies are cute! Hang in there and good luck! Can't wait to see pics of him!

Rodney and Anne Pierson said...

Hang in there!! If it makes you feel any better I gave birth to two HUGE kids (8.4 and 9.1) with huge heads and did not have a C-Section. There is hope. Good luck. If he comes on Friday him and Taylor will share a birthday!

Ainsley said...

good luck with everything! can't wait to hear all the details and see pics of the little (or huge i guess) baby :).