Friday, January 1, 2010

Well, I guess it's my turn

I suppose it's about that time to announce that Daniel and I are pregnant! Most every one knows, but there is something official about posting it. At first I needed a lot of convincing because I simply couldn't believe it. But we are so excited!
Basic Information:
  • 18 weeks along
  • Due 2 June 2010
  • We will find out the gender in 2 weeks
  • I've gained about a million pounds
  • I haven't been too sick. I get afternoon sickness. Thankfully I haven't thrown up much
  • The worst part (besides gaining a million pounds) is terribly sensitive skin. Any contact with things will make my skin turn bight red and it raises like hives. The redness lasts for a long long time. I take Zyrtek religiously. Before I found this miracle drug I got unbearably itchy. The bottoms of my feet, palms of my hands and even my gums get SUPER itchy when I don't take my medicine. But I'd take itchiness over nausea ANY day!
  • We have been discussing names of both genders. We'll get more serious when we know what we are having and when it comes.
  • I feel the baby - well what I think is a lot, especially when I eat
  • No unusual or specific cravings. Bacon, sausage, cheese and Mexican food are always a hit. Sadly I can't eat my most favorite food in the world, hamburgers. Yuck!
I think that's about it
Here I am at 4 months (I'm in all black because we were celebrating my boss's 50 birthday at work. Hehe, I thought it was funny)

In other news this month- Daniel and I shared our 2nd anniversary a few weeks ago. We had a fantastic time! For starters we had dinner at our favorite sushi/french restaurant. Then we headed to old town Parker and got hot chocolate and strolled around looking at the beautiful lights and Christmas decorations. We love Parker! It's so beautifully decorated and we had a great time.
With the snowmen

Us in the gazebo. You can't tell but it was decorated in thousands of lights and bows and garland

Christmas this year was spent in Utah with Daniels' family. So we had Christmas early in our house. I know it looks like this picture was taken on Christmas morning, but in reality it was taken at night right before we opened presents :-) We had a great holiday.

9 comments:

Jessi said...

congrats! We are both so excited for you!!! Can't wait to hear what you are having! You will be a great, great mother!! (and we are sure that daniel will be a good daddy too) ... itchy over nausea? are you sure you would prefer that? CONGRATS AGAIN! miss ya!

Audrey Crisp said...

wow!! Congrats! I had no idea! That is so exciting! Now just to convince John to let me get preggers! HAHA...Maybe you should tell DAniel to talk to Johnny? Sorry we weren't able to get together this past Holiday! Glad you had fun! peace out...

Ainsley said...

congrats! that is really exciting. i gained a lot of weight in the beginning.....just part of the fun :). good luck.

Anne said...

Congratulations! How fun.

McGrath Family said...

Congrats Steph! I am so happy for you! You will be such an awesome mom! Miss you! P.S. I follow your blog all the time, I guess I should tell you mine too... mcgrathdanikevin.blogspot.com. Love ya lots!

Tammy K said...

whooo hooo! Soooo can't wait to be mommyy friends :) hahaha hanging out in our pajamas watching movies letting our babies hang out - oh i'm so excited!

We miss you!

oh and if you have gained a million pounds ... i'm an elephant :) you look GREAT

djzmcallister said...

Congrats. This is Jessica McAllister from the ward and Medical school wives. I guess we all find each other in the bloging world eventually :-)

Brooklynne Travis said...

Congratulations Steph! Besides getting married, having kids is the best thing I have ever done!
We are so happy for you and Daniel!

Anonymous said...

Stephanie you are just the cutest little preggo!!! I'm so excited for you guys. Babies make life so much fun and so much busier! Love you girl! Oh, I have a blog too. I'm adding you to my list of buddies.