Monday, January 18, 2010

So I got this new book...

I got a book at the library the other day and it is hilarious! SO funny. Daniel doesn't think it is one bit, but really its comical. It's called "Everything I Know About Men I Learned from my Dog" by Clare Staples.
Allow me to read an excerpt from my new found wisdom concerning men:

"Play Time"
"Dogs need to play and occasionally they will get caught up in a really fun game. Your dog might have found some others to play with, a squirrel to chase or just a really good smell that needs further investigation. During these periods, regardless of the fact that he loves you completely, he will forget about you. He will hear the sound of your voice calling him but it will just seem unimportant, annoying even. When he finally comes back to you, the worst thing you can do it be angry. He is back, so greet him with enthusiasm and a big pat and remind him how good it is to be with you." -p. 85

"Let Him Be"
" If you chase a dog, it will run away. This is always true, no matter what. The more you chase, the more he will run. There is just something in his nature that makes him do this, no matter how much he loves you and how much he loves being with you. A dog instinctively becomes nervous when stalked and chased. However, turn your back on him and walk away quickly and he will come running after you, determined to catch up with you and be by your side" -p.83

Now, I don't know about you- but this is SO true in our relationship, the last one especially when we were dating!!! And I just think it's so funny. There are tons more- but out of respect for Daniel I try and limit my reading cuz I just end up laughing too hard and he doesn't think it's that funny.

1 comment:

Audrey Crisp said...

Nice! That sounds so funny!