We celebrated Christmas all week long by: making goodies, going shopping, shooting, lounging around the house and watching movies. It was so relaxing and wonderful to be at home.
We made fudge, homemade doughnuts, puppy chow and candy caramel cereal mix something.
This is what Daniel and my brothers did the majority of the time... playing the Wii. Heck, its Christmas and a vacation!
A tradition we have in my family is to get pajamas Christmas Eve. This year our theme was Superman. You can't tell but the girls pants are superman, with just a touch of femininity (I spelled that right the first time, I'll have you know!) The reason I look so goofy is because I had to push down the button on 3 cameras so I had to jump into the picture before the timers ran out.
This is Daniel and I Christmas Morning. We have a tradition in the family to all sleep in the same room Christmas Eve night, but because our family is growing we weren't able to do that this year. However, I still got not a lot of sleep and it was early in the morning.
Matthew got an iPod shuffle and was so excited!
Bree got a new hat and coat from uncle Matson. She was so done with the attention she was getting.
The day after Christmas we were going to fly home for Amy and Bens wedding! But then our flight got canceled:-( We were in the airport for a long time and saw 'Carlton' from the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air!! That was awesome! Anyway, we missed her wedding because of the weather. I cried. We got there in time for the reception thank heavens and it was beautiful. Amy and Ben were so happy. All of Daniels family was there. We got to have Daniels brother Jonny and his wife Andrea and their two children up at our house. They are so much fun, we had a great time! Then New Years Eve we played games and ate junk food with Lizza and Jerad, Daniels sister and brother-in-law. It was so fun! I need to get a new phrase... According to tradition Daniel went and jumped in the river at 12am. I didn't get a picture but you probably wouldn't have been able to see it anyway. Its tradition! We had a great vacation- with so much family and the spirit of the holidays.
Now Daniels senior year begins. We will be deciding which medical school we are going to. I am teaching pre-school this semester and we are planning a huge 92 hour U.S. tour this summer which will include the church history sites, a reunion and a visit to Daniels mission. Yeah! I'm excited! Anyone want to come with us?
4 comments:
Hey, I like your blog :) Looks like you had a great Christmas. Happy New Year!
you forgot to tell about Bree throwing up on you too!!
We got stuck in the airport too! for like 10 hours! it stunk!
Dudes, I'm so happy I made the blog title. I should say funny stuff more often?
Post a Comment