Thursday, June 14, 2012

"Our Favorite Birthday Cake"

My wonderful sister-in-law sent Alex the most adorable birthday present! Part of which was their families favorite birthday cake. And I tell you what, it was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!! Its our new favorite birthday cake now. I need to get the recipe cuz it just might turn out to be my favorite 'any time of the year' cake. Which may turn out to be 'the worst thing that ever happened to my waist' cake.... Might be worth it :-) That's how delicious this cake was. 
Step 1: Put the dry ingredients that were sent in a bowl
Step 2: Add wet ingredients 
Step 3: Play "mirror the face" with Alex
Stir, Stir
Pose for the camera
Taste the spoils - just to make sure it's safe :-)
The best part of making a cake
Chocolate on the face
This is what happens when I begged him to smile
Adding the yummy decorations
And of course we had to light the candle and sing happy birthday again!

Who doesn't want to celebrate their birthday with yummy cake all month long?! 

2 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

MMMMM That looks delicious!!

jennie said...

You're such a cute mom. Pass on the recipe if you get it. I'm always interested in cake :)