Saturday, March 3, 2012

What I've Been Up To

I'll get to what I have been up to in just a second. But first just a few of Alex showing, once again, how much he loves the kitchen. I made pizza the other night and of course he was right there with me. Took every last pepperoni out of the bag and 'tested' a good amount of them... After he saw what I did with the peps on the first pizza he helped me out with the second one! Such a good, observant helper. 
His delicious creation!
I just can't get enough of his 'smile' face. I have no idea where he picked that up

Ok, so- I'm pregnant. Here is an update on how that is going.

As some of you may recall my last pregnancy was... less than a walk in the park. Sadly this one is no different. However, it is a TON easier for many reasons. But I have simply come to the conclusion that I HATE being pregnant. I hate it. There really are only a handful of things that are pleasant, in my opinion. Number one- I use it as my excuse to have cookies for dinner etc. Number two- it's fun to feel the little squirt. But this one has his days and nights mixed up and he is practicing his acrobatics at all hours of the morning. Um.... ya, that's about all I can think of as far as positives.
But, as I said, this pregnancy is so so so much easier than my last one. I am not itchy. Oh that was just horrible, I can't even tell you. I was more sick the first trimester with this one, so that was lame. I am not as swollen as I was with Al. In the pictures I am wearing my regular jeans held together by a hair tie around my belly. With Alex- I was already out of all of my shoes and there would have been no chance that I could have squeezed into any of my pants. Now, I hope I am not jinxing myself because obviously this isn't over and the swelling could still come.
Over all everything is going pretty good. I am on my 5th OB since my first pregnancy. And hopefully this one is competent. I have a very bad gift of picking just horrible doctors. We are currently in a fight with the OB that delivered Alex because they forgot to give me an important medication that would have prevented my body from attacking my other babies. Welp, I have the 'attack' mechanism and we are just praying that my body doesn't think that the baby needs to be terminated.
Jacobs #2 is a lot more active than I remember Alex being. When he is awake, man he is just having a party in there. I am hoping that when he starts running out of room (maybe at like 36-37 weeks) he'll force his way out! I pretty much always know his location because his hands and feet punch/kick me at the same time, like he's doing jumping jacks or something. But the worst is when he tap dances on my bladder. I have heard all these women complaining that their baby is on their bladder and I thought I knew what that meant because with Alex I had to pee quite often. But this.... is so much different than just having a small bladder. He steps on it and even if nothing is there I have to race to the bathroom.
Alex has no idea what is going on. When I change him I have to tell him to not kick the baby. And every so often he'll point to my stomach and say 'baby'. But thats about it. I am babysitting a little 4 month old for a friend and Alex just loves it! He is a good helper and is very concerned about him. So I am hoping that it means he'll be like that with his new brother.
We don't know what we are going to name him. I don't have any real cravings. Although I do 'imprint' on things occasionally. Little Twilight humor there for ya. I can't get enough water and ice. With Alex I couldn't stand water, but would guzzle Coke down by the gallons. Gross. I really don't like Coke. Being pregnant with a toddler is crazy! I can't imagine having 2. Sorta scared, but we are excited.
Oh and one more thing to mention. Remember how a month after Alex was born Daniel had to go to COT training for the Air Force for a MONTH? I cried every single day and swore no amount of money was worth going through that. Ya, its going to happen AGAIN. Except this time for TWO MONTHS! AAAAHHHHH!!!! Good news is that it'll be later in the little guys life. But he has to go do two month long audition rotations in Mississippi and Ohio because he could potentially go there for residency next year. Technically I could go with him, but I would be in a hotel for a month with no car, no family, no friends and two kids...... Who thinks I should go? I'll go visit, but I can't go for a month by myself. Plus Daniel will be SUPER busy because he has to shmooze the people he is rotating with :-( Such is the life of a medical student.
Alright, enough rambling. I can just hear my brother getting on my case about how it took him 3 days to read this because there weren't bullet points.

28 weeks
Third trimester here I come!

In other news, I have become addicted to Pinterest. I am not a crafty person AT ALL but ideas on the site have inspired me to create fun and cheap things for Alex and just regular life.

First off Alex's Quiet Book:


Cover

Counting
The textures and colors/snaps page
The mail and coloring page. This is Alex's favorite. 
The zip and tie page
Then the puppets. The elephant and tiger fit in the pail


Here is Alex's ABC book. At first is was supposed to be only church topics. But then it just evolved into a regular ABC book. Eventually I hope to do just a church themed one. 
Oh and if I may get on a soap box real quick. My mom got me excited about a laminator she found at Costco and convinced me to buy one. I too, am of the belief that everyone should have a laminator. It's only $20 at Costco and ITS AWESOME! I use it ALL the time. It makes things nice and helps it last longer because you know that if a toddler played with a paper ABC book it would maybe last one week. So there, all done. Everyone get a laminator. 

Held together with just some rings
Here are a few of the letter cards 

Then this has been my favorite so far. I've always done menus. But never really written anything down. I just remembered what were dinner possibilities in my head. Well then Daniel would constantly be asking me what was for dinner and if we could have this and that and it was just difficult. I saw this idea on Pinterest and have LOVED it! It is SO nice. Daniel knows what we are having the entire week. I can mentally prepare all day for what's for dinner. It's just awesome. Okay, but please disregard my misspelling of Menu. Its embarrassing and I blame it on my pregnancy brain. You get the gist even with the wrong spelling.
Just did an 8x11 because that's the biggest sheet my laminator will take :-) 
Very cute and creatively put the days of the week on each clothes pin....
There are a lot of dinner options! I had a lot of fun making these. I love fun fonts and fun paper and this was all of that in one sweet project!

Then there is the quick number book. Alex is learning to count and so I whipped this out in about an hour for stake conference tomorrow. Basically like the ABC book, but with numbers and shapes
That's supposed to be a moon- I don't like this page
Again, you get the picture
Alright, so that's what I've been up to! I need to make these shorter to keep my audience awake! Until next time!

3 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

Yay! Finally a pregnancy post! You look great! I'm impressed by all the craftiness! How fun!

Tammy K said...

alex almost looks mad in his 'smiling' pictures :)

and you look great! Too bad you hate it so much, cause pregnancy looks good on you.

You're really been crafting...MAN. It all looks great - including the miss spelled stuff ;)

You're awesome

Shiloh Roan Jacobs said...

Can we order a quiet book for Zara? SO SO SO CUTE!! Congrats on third trimester too. YEAH!