Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Snow!

We just had a good 'ol fashion Colorado dump. Snow fell non stop for almost 48 hours! We had a fantastic day! Daniel got to stay home and we made a yummy breakfast and just hung out in the snowy wonderland. I could not believe how much snow we got. I grew up here and we got these major blizzards once every few years but I was surprised to see it in Denver. Any who- we snapped a few pictures of our ventures. 

First attempt at shoveling the snow!
Alex helping! Here, its up to his back
It was tiring for my hubby! 
Notice the change in light. It took him over and hour and a half to clear just the driveway.  My Daniel is so strong :-) 

Day 2:

We had to go back out. Alex is much more excited this time around. Notice that we finally convinced him to wear gloves!!!!
Piled up to Daniels hip
His new smile :-)
Love it!! 
Our pile 
Now let us take a walk through all the tools one can use to clear snow:

One is the shovel as we all know
But did you know that a dirt loosener is also a new technique?! (I love this picture)
What are these things called? You stick it in the ground and twist it to loosen up dirt.... Anyway, Alex was clearing the snow away with it. 
And then there is the rake. Very effective... Maybe he'll grow up to be an inventor
Shoveling got boring so we practiced unlocking daddy's trunk!
I was amazed that he successfully put the key in the hole, twisted it and opened the trunk! Kid is too smart for his own good. 
Our back yard
THE SUN CAME OUT! 
Love smooth, clean, freshly fallen snow :-)



2 comments:

Tammy K said...

it was cool and even cooler that i got to leave right after it all happened :)

snow is pretty while it's falling...and then I want it to be gone.

alex sure is cute all dolled up for the snow though.

Audrey Crisp said...

Wow! That's a ton of snow! How fun!